
An arsonist was sentenced this week to more than 13 years in prison for setting two brush fires in East County last fall, the District Attorney’s Office said Thursday.
Allen Ira Dinoyo, 48, was arrested late last year and accused of setting a string of nine arson fires during November, including one fire that briefly forced evacuations, Cal Fire officials said in December.
Dinoyo, who was homeless, was charged in El Cajon Superior Court with setting nine fires. He agreed to plead guilty to setting two fires — one on Nov. 10 and one on Nov. 20. According to the District Attorney’s Office, he was on probation at the time of the fires and also had a strike on his record.
The first fire in the series was Nov. 10 in Jamul, Cal Fire said.
Ten days later, six fires erupted within two hours in Rancho San Diego, Dehesa and Jamul. Cal Fire said one of the fires, near Campo and Millar Ranch roads in Rancho San Diego, reached about 15 acres, threatened structures and briefly forced evacuations.
Ten days after that, on Nov. 30, suspected arsons were set in San Diego and La Mesa, Cal Fire said. Dinoyo was arrested that day.
Originally Published: